Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not powering on

443 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  leoni001 
#1 ·
Bought new components and installed them into a new case, the motherboard leds are working and the GPU is lighting up so I know the psu isn't broken. However the computer will not power on when I press the button, I assume the front panel is wired correctly as I referred to the motherboard manual to be safe.

Is the psu too low voltage or could it be an issue with the case.

Mother board ROG Strix B450-F
CPU Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU gtx 970
PSU EVGA 600w
RAM 2 x 8 gb corsair vengeance rgb

#3 · (Edited)
the motherboard leds are working and the GPU is lighting up so I know the psu isn't broken.
This does not mean the pw supply is functioning correctly. You could easily have two rails working and the third failed. EVGA sells some very good pw supplies; the supernova series is excellent. The lower end ones are mfg by ctw [maker of oem type stuff] the supernova series is mfg by either seasonic or superflower; both high quality mfg.

There is a guide at the top of the hw forum for problem builds. Read the guide and preform the troubleshooting outlined. You will find the cause of your problem provided you follow ALL of the steps.

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you for the help, I moved it all to another case and now everything is working completley fine and powering on so my guess is it was the wiring in the case.

However now I'm faced with the issue of powering on leading to the black screen with the blinking hyphen, I can access the bios which shows my GPU, RAM and CPU and HDDS so I assume they're connected properly but aren't sure how to solve this. I have double checked everything is plugged in and set up for bios to boot through my windows hdd.

#5 ·
You should see the Asus splash screen when you pw ON. Try clearing cmos or as asus calls it RTC. Read your manual as to how this task is accomplished.

Try another keyboard. Sometimes you have to use a ps2 keyboard rather than a usb.

Just to be sure you are connecting the monitor to the video card and not an onboard port on the motherboard, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.