Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not printing HP 3830 all in one

Solved 
1K views 28 replies 6 participants last post by  SpywareDr 
#1 ·
Hello

I have a HP 3830 all in one printer , I bought a new black ink yesterday when i try to print the printer goes through the motion but when the paper comes out there is no writing om paper
My computer is a Dell Optiplex 720

Please help

Thank you

Dan

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20201112172742.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1796 MB
Hard Drives: C: 231 GB (181 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0J3C2F, ver A01, s/n /51KRPS1/CN7360422H0CRP/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 6222004, s/n 51KRPS1
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

See less See more
#11 ·
I have a HP 3830 all in one printer , I bought a new black ink yesterday when i try to print the printer goes through the motion but when the paper comes out there is no writing om paper
What is the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on your HP OfficeJet 3830 All-In-One Printer?

See if this article is of any help to you.

------------------------------------------------

#18 ·
That's cool . . . if that is all you want it to ever do. ;) Otherwise, you could try another set of cartridges, take it to the nearest HP center and see how much to fix it, beat it up with a sledge hammer and buy a new one, ... <shrug>

#23 ·
So Liz I followed the suggestions in the link, removed all HP drivers and printer from my system still not working, I think it must be a hardware issue because the printer is going through the motions without any issues just no printed words not showing up

#26 ·
Everything is working fine except no ink
Does it scan and copy?

I had two HP A-I-O printers (1055 and 1510) that did the same thing as you are experiencing. After I changed the black cartridge, the printer refused to print. The cartridge was a genuine HP cart and the date was fine. I tried lots of things (cleaning using suede stick and distilled water, resetting by removing power plug and connection to the printer) but I wasn't willing to spend more money for another black cart and discover the printer still didn't work.
I got another printer and that is working fine.
I e-cycled the 1055 but kept the 1510 and use it to scan items.

You could buy another black cart OR if you bought the cart locally, take it back and tell them it isn't working and ask to exchange it. (I assume the store would return it to HP classified as a faulty cart.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.