Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Reading burned Disc

898 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Skidood 
#1 ·
I converted some MP3's to .wav w/Adaptec EZ CD creator so that I could burn them to my CDR. The recording process went fine and it spit the CD out saying that the "Recording completed successfully". The CD is green on the "recorded" side and silver on the label side. I can see that data covers 75% of the green side. However, when I attempt to open the disc it shows empty and if I attempt to play it in any cd player it just spins. What up with that!?

#2 ·
By the way, the converter program was Shuffler-Music something or other and the burner software was Adaptec. Soundcard is SB Live Value.

When I place this disc in my regular 52x drive it sounds like its spinning it all weird, back and forth as if it were foreign.

#4 ·
Can you go in Win Explorer and find the wav files and get them to play or were they converted as they were burned..

My guess is to try a different disk first.. Or A different converter.. I have used Win Amp in the past and it works real good.

#5 ·
Going back to what CHRIS A Said is that when you use Adaptec Cd Creator is that you can add .wav files and it will convert them to What a Normal cd player should use!!

------------------
Steven715@hotmail.com
http://www.compuerhelp.com
Steven@Compuerhelp.zzn.com
Get your Free E-mail @
Http://www.compuerhelp.com

#6 ·
Thank you for all your help. Closing the session did allow for all "non-computer" CD drives to play the music no problem.

However, when I play it as an audio CD in the computer it plays no sound even though it shows the tracks progressing. When I open the CD it shows that the tracks are .cda not .wav. Adaptec CD creator must have converted them to this format and my sound card does not recognize them?

Does this sound correct/plausible. Is there a way to avoid this in future burns?

Dazzl

#7 ·
All audio CDs use .CDA. Adaptec has to convert WAV to CDA for any CD player to read it as an audio disk.

At this point I would go back and make sure the WAV files you converted will play correctly on your PC.

Also, does this CD work in a non-computer (like a car or home) CD player? That would narrow it down to your playback software.

Let me know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.