1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not Reading SDHC or SD Cards-(Others Fine!)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by drummmer, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drummmer

drummmer Thread Starter

Greetings,

My computer is a Gateway GT5692, 64bit w/Windows Vista. Recently I had to reinstall Windows. Now everything seems to work but that I can't read SDHC cards anymore. It used to work fine. I can plug in the SDHC card in the "Digital Media Manager". The led lights up, but the computer does nothing. I look on the drives page which normally lights up and nothing happens.

Also, I have 2 card readers USB'd to this computer. When I try to read an SDHC card from them, I get the same result. On one, I get the led to light up, but not on the other. Strange.

This is not the card. I tried 2 different cards; a 4GB SDHC and a 512 MB SD card. Same result.

So I'm thinking the driver?? But just which driver do I reinstall?

Any help would be real nice.

drummmer

2. huggie54

huggie54

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920584

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice