1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not received emails that have been sent to me

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by artchik, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. artchik

artchik Thread Starter

I am on AOL (I know, I know, but my husband doesn't want to go through the hassle of changing email addresses if we dump AOL) and recently I have been told by 2 friends that they sent me emails, but I never got them. One friend has MSN as her ISP, and the other has NetZero. I have received emails from both of these people in the past, so I am thinking that the problem must be of fairly recent origin. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I haven't gotten their emails, as they have double-checked my address and made sure it wasn't a typo. I have not changed any settings or any other "spam blocking" devices on my computer.

Does anyone have any ideas how this could happen, and what could be done to change it?

I am running win 98. Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this problem.

2. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

maybe it was a change that aol made, have you installed any updates recently? it might be a security setting that has been changed...
    also, what size are the emails? if they are too large (usually 2 mb i think) then it will be sent back to the sender.
    one more thing- did your friends receive any emails from postmaster saying that the emails could not be sent?

3. Kerri Ann

Kerri Ann

i forgot something- using programs like outlook to download your emails to your computer will make them unavailable from a web page. so if you, or someone else who has access to your mail checked it like that, then those messages would no longer be available in any other place.

4. sekirt

sekirt

1) Can they receive emails from you?
    2) You can't get any emails from them at all?

AOL has that cute ad running on TV where the woman says her mother emailed. And the husband says he hasn't received any emails from her mother :) (having set email controls to prevent receiving any). Do you think your husband changed any settings?
    Check the settings to be sure.

sekirt

5. artchik

artchik Thread Starter

Thank you for your replies. Neither person has ever received any notification that their emails have not gone through. They both can receive emails from me just fine. From the MSN person, only a few of her emails have not made it into my mailbox, but the NetZero person seems to have written several emails to me lately and all of them have been blocked out. The emails we send back and forth are small notes, just a few sentences long at most.

My husband and I are the only ones with access to this computer and we do not use Outlook, and I know he hasn't changed the mail controls because he is afraid to do anything but send and read emails on the computer.

I will try to poke around and see if there is a way to view the emails AOL has blocked from my computer. In the meantime, if anyone has also experienced this happening to them, how did you fix it?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice