1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not receiving emails from twitter or Bank of America

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by musash, Nov 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musash

musash Thread Starter

I use a G suite account (I think it is rcsi.ie) (I am not an administrator) and receive almost all emails except from BAO and twitter. I was receiving those emails up to last year, but not anymore. Now locked out of twitter and can't reaccess it.

I have tried the following:
    1- Removed all filters and blocked emails.
    2- Temporary made a filter to "never send it send to spam".
    3- Searched all mail, spam etc etc.
    4- Added the emails (BAO and twitter) as contacts.
    5- Contacted rcsi.ie (supposedly the administrator) who said they can not help me as they do not know who the G suite administrator is.
    6- Contacted BAO who confirmed that the emails are being sent and not bounced back.
    7- Logged on from different computers and apps (mostly though mail.google.com)
    8- Used search mail function in:anywhere

Any advise would be appreciated.

Of note, rcsi.ie was the email address for my college. When graduated, they created a G suite email.

2. musash

musash Thread Starter

I asked someone online and they sent this:

"HI

I check your domain mx records the domain mx records is point to outlook mx so your domain could be using office365 for domain

;; Truncated, retrying in TCP mode.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN A 40.112.72.201
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN NS prazuns.rcsi.ie.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN NS auth-ns2.heanet.ie.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN NS auth-ns3.heanet.ie.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN NS prazuns2.rcsi.ie.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN SOA prazuns.rcsi.ie. hostmaster.rcsi.ie. 2890333749 900 600 2592000 3600
    rcsi.ie. 59 IN MX 0 rcsi-ie.mail.protection.outlook.com.
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN TXT "ESYJB6XLBCRFMVXI8JS2YFCGQZE6F7S0QLIN2W0Y"
    rcsi.ie. 299 IN TXT "google-site-verification=HrHIBawrHSy-beHMMtc1bybgoVBZTG3bd7nGPLFXZ3A"
    rcsi.ie. 59 IN TXT "v=spf1 include:_spf2.rcsi.ie include:_spf3.rcsi.ie include:_netblocks.google.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com include:_spf.elasticemail.com include:spf.emailsignatures365.com -all"
    rcsi.ie. 3599 IN TXT "okjW9hKs07kFS0d+moeUtjhBcwuMzLwapCYDgdHNhon88WdQ4LQ4KnN727GjuG4PRyFXfy/8auv7ODF0Rnt8BQ=="

and the domain mx records does not have the Gsuite mx records on them"

Perhaps this is helpful.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You will need to contact the college IT then. It sounds like your mail routing is incorrect, though it would be for all emails, not just twitter and bank of america.

I work for an university here and we use G-Suite for students and Outlook for staff.

musash likes this.
  4. musash

musash Thread Starter

Well I did contact our College IT and they asked that I contact google. As you know, that is not possible. Here's their email response: "Unfortunately as previously advised by my colleagues you will need to contact Google Support we don’t have the access to do anything, I have searched through the options that we have and have been unable to get anything." .

Frustrating.

Interestingly, when I went to outlook.com, I was able to sign in using the same username and password, but then I can not send or receive any emails. How could that be? On outlook, email is correctly listed, but they have another email listed [email protected] which sent the email?!. I can still log into Gmail and send/recieve emails from there.

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Perhaps Twitter and Bank of America have not updated their records to point emails to the correct email server.... it is very confusing and it sounds like the IT support don't know much... it should be going to their email administrator.

Do you know if they switched everyone (staff/students) to g-suite or just students?

If you feel comfortable, PM me the email address and perhaps I might be able to confirm where the email is meant to be going.

6. musash

musash Thread Starter

They switched just the student alumni emails to G-suite. I've had this alumni address for 8 years. Only started being an issue last year. I have confirmed with BAO and twitter that they have the correct email address.

I could not PM you the email address. Here it is anyway: xyz- I'm desperate at this point. Twitter would not unlock my work twitter account any other way.

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You can remove it now by editing your post.

It shows that it's going to Outlook... so at this point this should be going to the administrator of the e-mail system for review of the routing because according to the information, it's going to the outlook email system.

8. musash

musash Thread Starter

Thank you for looking into it.

Could you please let me know how you came to this conclusion so I can forward it on to the college's IT folks?

How can I still access the email and generally send and receive emails via gmail website?

Thank you,

Musa

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    When I did an email test, it connected to Outlook:

[email protected] appears to be a valid email

Checking the MX records for rcsi.ie

Preference Exchange IP Address (if included)
    0 rcsi-ie.mail.protection.outlook.com [0.0.0.0]
    SMTP Session

Connecting to rcsi-ie.mail.protection.outlook.com
    220 AM5EUR02FT044.mail.protection.outlook.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 21 Nov 2019 16:55:44 +0000

250 AM5EUR02FT044.mail.protection.outlook.com Hello [45.79.14.160]

EHLO test.network-tools.com
    250-AM5EUR02FT044.mail.protection.outlook.com Hello [45.79.14.160]
    250-SIZE 157286400
    250-PIPELINING
    250-DSN
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-STARTTLS
    250-8BITMIME
    250-BINARYMIME
    250-CHUNKING
    250 SMTPUTF8

VRFY user
    252 2.1.5 Cannot VRFY user

RSET
    250 2.0.0 Resetting

EXPN user
    502 5.3.3 Command not implemented [AM5EUR02FT044.eop-EUR02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

RSET
    250 2.0.0 Resetting

MAIL FROM:<[email protected]>
    250 2.1.0 Sender OK

RCPT TO:<[email protected]>
    250 2.1.5 Recipient OK

RSET
    250 2.0.0 Resetting

QUIT

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice