1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not receiving emails! ISP? Verizon? AOL?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by iluvtolaff, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iluvtolaff

iluvtolaff Thread Starter

I use Verizon DSL with MSN, a few months ago my MSN messed up with various issues--one of them being that I wasn't receiving many of my usual emails anymore. I switched to AOL Free and have been using it for 2 months now. I realized that I'm not getting any of my bill-related emails--bank statements, credit card statements, utility bills, etc. Who knows what else hasn't gotten through? All of these companies have my new email address so that's not the issue.
    If this was happening with MSN and, now AOL, where would the underlying problem be? With Verizon? Or, by some fluke, BOTH MSN and AOL?????

2. iluvtolaff

Yoo hoo! Anyone here who can answer my post? Thank you. :)

3. iluvtolaff

C'mon my fellow friends, I need you. Are most email probs caused by the email program or the ISP?

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    have you checked your spam settings. if its set too high or if things are thought of as spam it will automatically put it in the spam folder. see if that helps.

5. iluvtolaff

I've already checked all my settings and my spam settings are fine. my question is since this also happened on MSN, and now AOL, and my provider has been Verizon both times--would this be an ISP prob or what? It's so frustrating to not get my bills in the emails thus I pay them late and get late charges. I' d like to know how this can be resolved. Do I call AOL or Verizon?
    (By the way, I didn't get any email notification of the above post and I always have before!)

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You're receiving e-mail from everyone except for all your bills? Seems like a pretty strange issue. Add your bill senders to your e-mail account's contacts or address book or something similar. They're almost definitely being kicked out as spam since everything worked up until you switched e-mail accounts.

7. iluvtolaff

I'm sorry, I said that because they were the most important emails that I WASN'T getting. I'm also not getting emails from friends and family and they are all in my address book. I'm still wondering if it is AOL's fault or Verizon (my DSL hook-up).
    Plus--I got email notification of your post--YAY!!! So, things are looking up a little bit.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice