1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not "Remembering" typed info

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rletter, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

This may be connected with IE 6 or browser settings and probably should not be in this forum, but I have had to recently re-install Win2KPro due to a hard drive failure (no fun).
    Now, the pervious typed in info is not showing up. I checked options in IE6 and set all to default and checked Internet options and auto complete is set up. I also have Google toolbar installed. Not big thing but I thought I had set everything back to normal after reinstalling all programs and backed up data.
    By the way, the spell checker in this forum does not seem to be working and I am typing impaired(and I did disable popup stopper)
    Thanks.

2. covert215

covert215 Banned

obviously it wouldn't remember anything from before the crash...however, the first time you fill in a form field, a little dialog box should appear that asks if you want it to 'remember' your previous inputs

3. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

I am talking about recent (the past three weeks) after reinstalling things. It should normally remember Google type-ins and show recent web sites. I am pretty sure this is a browser setting.
    Thanks.

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    if its a complete reinstall, then no.

5. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

More info. This may be Win2K problem. I have noticed that a folder- say one in my docs- will revert to large icons even though I have viewed it many times as "details" and also retain arranged per date or name.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/472246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice