1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not responding constantly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by barbaranna, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

I feel like I have dial up. I have fios 11.mbps. Not very advanced on computer. I have and use firefox mostly but have internet explorer also. Recently when I am on either they both keep saying not responding and just hang for quite a while. Do you know why this could be happening? I have windows xp

2. Jason83

Jason83 Banned

Hi Barbaranna please do the following.

Hit start run then type msconfig then hit the services tab then hit put a check mark in hide microsoft services what is listed there,after hiding microsoft services?Also what is listed under the startup tab.

Listproccess
    A very small program that simply lists the processes that Task Manager lists, including the full path name so you can see what program they are part of. You can easily copy and paste the list into a text file for before/after comparisons, or to email/forum when asking for computer help. You may be surprised at what is running on your computer! Some processes waste a lot of computer resources and make your computer sluggish.
    Download ListProcesses for Windows HERE Save the file to the desktop.

• Once downloaded to the desktop
    • Double click the Listproccess Icon
    • Click run
    • When the window opens "select" GetList
    • Scroll to bottom of the window and click on Copy
    • Reply to this thread and paste the contents of the list so we can see it.
    Please download MiniToolBox HERE When the box opens click save file, save it to the desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

• Flush DNS
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
    • Click Go and post the result.

3. barbaranna

barbaranna Thread Starter

so are you saying that it will just not start them up but will not remove them and they will be ready when I need them?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029141

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice