Solved Not seeing Device Installation Settings feature in Win 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bsacco

I am attempting to reconfigure my Win 7 PC so that it automatically updates my drivers through the use of the Device Installation Settings feature. Though, when I go to Device and Printers and RIGHT click on a device I do not get all the options that include Device Installation Settings.

As seen on this Microsoft tech support page - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967

Does anyone know why I'm not getting the right click option and access this feature?

Are you RIGHT-clicking on the icon for your computer, per the article?

I just tried it in Windows 8.1 and had no problems.

By default, it is set up to install the drivers.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

bsacco

I'm running Win 7 . All I see when I right click on a device inside Control Panel>All Control Panel Items> Device and Printers is:

Browse Files
Eject
Create Shortcut
Troubleshoot
Properties

That's it. i don't get the FULL menu with all the options thus allowing me to click on Device Installation Settings

bsacco

A couple of issues here.

1) When inside Control Panel>All Control Panel Items> Device and Printers I only see perfs like my monitor, mouse, keyboard etc.... I DO NOT see my PC as an icon.

2) Therefore I cannot right-click on the PC icon because it's not there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online