not seeting all install memory

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

swagga

I have window 7 Ultimate installed on my dell 780 it is a 2 duo workstataion 3.0ghz with 6gb install but only 2.96gb is being used how can i get my machine to reconize all memory installed.

TerryNet

Terry
2.96 GB is being used or that is all that is detected?

Is your Windows 32-bit?

TerryNet

Terry
The most you will see with 32-bit is about 3.3 GB RAM. Not sure why you're seeing a little less than that.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
As long as you're using a 32-bit version of Windows, there's no need to install more than 4 GB of RAM.

The 32-bit version will recognize and use about 3.0 - 3.5 GB, depending on how much RAM is dedicated for your computer's on-board devices.

Having a video card with its own dedicated memory instead of using integrated graphics will increase the amount of RAM that's recognized and used.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online