1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not streaming in full screen

Discussion in 'Networking' started by evtrust, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. evtrust

evtrust Thread Starter

Hi ,there
    I just reinstalled windows xp sp1 with all the other necessary (or not) stuff , included DirectX, QuickTime, Adobe Flash Player.
    I use Firefox. I can see videos online not so bright, and only small screen. When I switch to full screen , it just stucks and only the image.The sound goes further.
    The thing is it worked before.
    I tested the speed; download=423 Kbps, upload 385
    I tried www.ctv.ca , other sites with movies online. The some problem.
    Anyone can help me?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Right after installing Windows is an ideal time to get all the Windows updates, before you start getting corruption and incompatible programs that can cause problems. I also think it's a waste of time to trouble shoot any problem in XP SP1, especially anything network related.

3. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Good point TerryNet. Evtrust, please download / update your service pack from 1 to the latest (I think it's SP3).

4. dvdstrtn

dvdstrtn

I have self same problem and I have downloaded service pack 3 and Quick Time, Windows Media Player Ver 11, Active X and a codec pack and no matter what I seem to do I can't get the thing to play in full screen even BBC's Iplayer won't work in full screen mode, in small screen it trucks along just fine.......AT WITS END

5. evtrust

evtrust Thread Starter

thank you all !
    it's not solved yet.
    i'll install the sp2 or 3 and i'll see after.
    for now i use another comp.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757426

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice