1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not sure what happened

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Valvoline, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valvoline

Valvoline Thread Starter

About 2 days ago now i was starting up my computer for the first time in about 3 months as i had just gotten back from sea and wasnt home to use it...anyways, i was DL'ing updates for a few of my games, FFXI was the last one to DL and the first one to play, and after about 10 minutes into the game the computer slows down then froze...about 10 seconds later its rebooting itself on its own and comes up to the BIOS page saying Windows shut down due to CPU speed being too fast...so i loaded the last known good configuration and continued on...after i saved and exited from the BIOS menu the computer did something ive never seen happen before...the monitor stayed off and the second the computer started to start up it started speaking the same 5 words over and over and over "Systems need a sound test"....both cd rom drives do show signs of being accessed as well as the hard drive, but no screen comes up on the monitor it just stays in standby...ive already tested the monitor it still works fine and putting in the Win XP disc or the system recovery disc dont do anything....the wierd thing is that the words it speaks over and over again come from within the machine and not my speakers...and it sounds like a possesed child or something...it just creeps me out...ummm...any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance...

System Specs:
    P4 3.06 GHz, 256 MB RDRAM, 128 MB ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum 6.1 OS= Win XP Home

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!