1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not sure what the issue can be..

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by greatska, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatska

greatska Thread Starter

I have a home built PC, while building i bought the incorrect power supply....since then i have had issues with BSOD and trying to repair my computer specifally a driver windows/system32/drivers/tcpip.sys.....I have corrected the issue with the power supply....but i still can't get the OS disc too run getting the tcpip.sys error...not sure what to do..please help

2. Rockn

Rockn

TCPIP.SYS would be related to networking. Do you have all of the correct drivers loaded for all of your devices?

3. greatska

greatska Thread Starter

Looking through Devise manager everything appears fine......I can use the computer..get on the internet do ..stuff...I mean if i didn't know better i would say the computer is fine. Now i do know that my memory has tons of errors on it..which I believe i can repair if i can run the OS disc or repair disc..if it helps the error code is 0xc0000098.now 6 hours later got BSOD memory magment was what i saw before everything went blank...now can't get OS to start up at all still getting the tcpip.sys error or now "BOOTMGR is missing"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!