1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not sure what's wrong

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by geekgirlwannabe, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirlwannabe

geekgirlwannabe Thread Starter

Aug 15, 2012
    Hi guys!! First timer and not sure this is the right place to post, so be gentle if I'm wrong. Two main issues-computer spends most of it's time in "not responding" mode and I can longer watch videos on Facebook (can on Youtube and AOL). A complete novice, as the username geekgirlwannabe implies. Will do my best to answer your questions as you help me to get my computer up and running!! Thank!!
  2. mhd1360

May 28, 2012
    Try to install latest adobe flash player and adobe shock-wave on your system.
    Is your system x64 ? is so, first install Flash player x64 and see if the problem persists uninstall it and try 32 bit (x86) .
  3. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Apr 11, 2009
    mhd1360, to save time you can find out people's computer specs by clicking on the little computer by their username. If they've used the Sysinfo tool, it gives some very useful information about the machine including in this case that she's using Vista 32 bit. Just for future reference. :)

geekgirlwannabe, does the machine stop responding only when you try to watch facebook videos, or is it a more generic problem? Is there any single program that tends to stop responding, and have you noticed any time when it tends to happen?
    I'd agree that reinstalling Flash would be a good first thing to try.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065233