1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not Sure Where To Post:Screen Jumps?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kickrz, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kickrz

kickrz Thread Starter

I am not sure if I am posting in the right spot or not and if I am not I am sorry.
    I was just wondering what would cause my screen to jump/shake.
    At first I thought maybe it was just my eyes but now I know it's not. It has done this in the past and seemed to get better until last night. It doesn't jump when the page is loading only once the page has fully loaded, I notice it seems to jump or shake almost like a pulse. And it is the whole IE screen. At first I thought maybe the monitor but then it would get worse not happen for a bit then get better.
    Just wondering what could cause this and if there might be a solution.
    Thanks for any and all help.

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

We would need more information to track this down. What operating system are you using? What version of IE. Have you scanned with spybot/adaware? It could also be a hardware problem, as a bad power supply or cable will cause this to happen too, as well as a bad video card. I think java can cause this too. This is the second time that someone has reported this type of a problem in the last week, and I'm wondering if its a spyware/virus problem. I would post with more detailed information, and then we can take it from there ;)

3. kickrz

kickrz Thread Starter

Not sure if it would be virus/spy related because it happened a few months ago and it seemed to clear up then started again last night again...But who knows:
    I am running IE6
    Windows XP Pro
    Computer was just upgraded with the last 3 months so we have a new video card.
    Java seems to be working fine with games and things.
    I have been getting a few of the email virus' but Norton has picked them up and I have deleted them before they have been opened.
    Did a scan of adware/spyware and got rid of any junk but didn't see anything unusual.
    When I posted this message it was jumping but seemed to have stopped now. I also noticed that it was not only when I had IE open but also when I opened my email that screen was also shakey.
    Interested to see what may cause this.
    Thanks for the reply!!

4. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

The next time it happens switch to your desktop and see what it does.

Do you have another monitor to use, or can you try that monitor on another computer?

5. Grendal

Grendal

I've been to several site that use, I think, DHTML to cause just the IE screen to shake uncontrollably. But I guess if it is shaking everytime you go to anyweb page then I guess DHTML isn't the problem.

6. sunset1

sunset1

Weird I had the same issue and It was only on part of the screen (inside the frame) that jumped. I turned off a small portable fan next to the lcd and it stopped for a while then started up. I think it may be power issue. I have tons of devices.. most low voltage hooked up but no real ground due to a polarized plug not a grounded outlet. Old electric.
    Sunset1

Yup it started again.. might pull a ground wire..
    Sunset1

7. sunset1

sunset1

oh yea I installed safari for kicks and same issue.
    Sunset1

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice