1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not turning on at all!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Warminer, Mar 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Warminer

Warminer Thread Starter

My laptop, a Windows 7 584037-001 won't turn on. My charger, when plugged in does not light up, and when I press the power button, nothing happens. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if it is, can you please help me? I don't know if I need to get a new one or not.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop?
    Is that the original charger that came with your laptop?

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. Warminer

Warminer Thread Starter

That is the original charger. The tag on the back says Windows 7 home prem OA HP 584037-001, x16-96072. Sorry if I didn't answer your question. I am not very "techy".

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If that's a HP brand laptop, it will have stickers and labels on the bottom of the case.
    Find one that has that laptop's product number(P/N) on it, then advise us what it is.
    That number will help us determine the model name and model number of your laptop.

How long have you have a problem with the charger light not coming on and the power button not turning on the laptop?
    It may be as simple as the charger not working and needing to be replaced, but it may also be a more serious problem.

We're not there to see what the problem is, so you may need the services of a reliable computer technician.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. Warminer

Warminer Thread Starter

I've had the problem for about seven hours. It's never done anything like this before, and I've had the laptop and the charger for 2 1/2 years. Their is no product number, so do you mean the product key?

6. Warminer

Warminer Thread Starter

**content removed by mod**

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
  7. valis

valis Moderator

If that's the Windows product key, we need to remove that. Is it?

8. Warminer

Warminer Thread Starter

Yes that is the product key.

9. valis

valis Moderator

Okay, I've gone ahead and removed it. What is the make and model of the HP computer? That is the part that flavallee needs.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    If the charger isn't working and it can't provide power to the laptop and/or charge its battery, the laptop isn't going to turn on when you press its power button.

Have you tried plugging the charger into a different electrical outlet to see if its light comes on?
    I don't know of any laptop that doesn't have its model name and model number on it somewhere.
    I also don't know of any laptop that doesn't have its product number on it somewhere.
    Unless that's a second-hand laptop that's had all of its labels/stickers moved, that information has to be on it somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1168166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice