Not turning on at all!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warminer

My laptop, a Windows 7 584037-001 won't turn on. My charger, when plugged in does not light up, and when I press the power button, nothing happens. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if it is, can you please help me? I don't know if I need to get a new one or not.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the brand name and model name and model number of your laptop?
Is that the original charger that came with your laptop?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Warminer

That is the original charger. The tag on the back says Windows 7 home prem OA HP 584037-001, x16-96072. Sorry if I didn't answer your question. I am not very "techy".

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that's a HP brand laptop, it will have stickers and labels on the bottom of the case.
Find one that has that laptop's product number(P/N) on it, then advise us what it is.
That number will help us determine the model name and model number of your laptop.

How long have you have a problem with the charger light not coming on and the power button not turning on the laptop?
It may be as simple as the charger not working and needing to be replaced, but it may also be a more serious problem.

We're not there to see what the problem is, so you may need the services of a reliable computer technician.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Warminer

I've had the problem for about seven hours. It's never done anything like this before, and I've had the laptop and the charger for 2 1/2 years. Their is no product number, so do you mean the product key?

valis

If that's the Windows product key, we need to remove that. Is it?

valis

Okay, I've gone ahead and removed it. What is the make and model of the HP computer? That is the part that flavallee needs.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've had the problem for about seven hours. It's never done anything like this before, and I've had the laptop and the charger for 2 1/2 years.
If the charger isn't working and it can't provide power to the laptop and/or charge its battery, the laptop isn't going to turn on when you press its power button.

Have you tried plugging the charger into a different electrical outlet to see if its light comes on?
Their is no product number
I don't know of any laptop that doesn't have its model name and model number on it somewhere.
I also don't know of any laptop that doesn't have its product number on it somewhere.
Unless that's a second-hand laptop that's had all of its labels/stickers moved, that information has to be on it somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online