1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

not turning on???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigsofty, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigsofty

bigsofty Thread Starter

ok, i just bought this pretty decent computer from some people but it was just thrown together with peices, and i need help

i thought i had everything hooked together properly, i have the motherboard documentation, i have all the proper connections for the hdd drive lights and power, resect, etc everything looks in place, a yellow led is the only thing i ever see on. when i turn on the power nothing at all happens.
    this is a S.A.T.A. style mother board, never used one b 4, i think my inexperiance in that area is why i cant figure it out. but if you need the specs the motherboard is called "DFI LAN PARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D"
    i would have firgured even if i messed up something compleatly terriable like not pluggin in the right thing, it would still turn on when i pused the botton, then
    freak out and cause me problems

o ya and thank you very much if you can help me, i am very greatfull

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Check the power wires from the case to the Motherboard, make sure they are connected to the case and plugged in the right slots.

You might also try flipping the positive and negative wires, every now and then a company will miss lable them.

3. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    First I (sorry loserOlimbs) would ABSOLUTLY NOT flip the positive/negative wires! That is such an extremely remote possibility that I would rate it as a sure way to escalate the problem.
    I would recommend that you find someone "hands on" to sort this thing out for you. It has far too many variables to try to provide a solution online.

4. bigsofty

bigsofty Thread Starter

thank you very much, i think i no who i'll take it to, best of luck right.

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

The power switch from the case to the mobo is a simple interuptor. You won't fry the motherboard.
    Same with the RESET switch.

LED's are a different story. The positive and negative wires have to be properly hooked up.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/401616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice