1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Not Working At All

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by CKOLOGO, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CKOLOGO

CKOLOGO Thread Starter

I HAD A CLONE COMPUTER WORKING JUST FINE, WITH A 486 INTEL, AWARD BIOS AND W98 THEN I PUT THE COMPUTER ON THE SIDE FOR A FEW MONTHS THEN I TURN IT ON AND NOTHING COMES UP.
    I CANNOT EVEN BOOT TO THE HD AND THE FLOPPY LIGHT DOESN'T LIGHT UP

PLEASE HELP.

2. labayou

labayou

Is the hard drive being accessed? You'll hear it spin up.

Does the monitor come on? Is the screen black like when it's unplugged or does it change when the computer is powered up?

Is the monitor old? May need warm up before its ready to display, I have an old one like that (gateway CrystalScan 1024Ni).

Can you tell if the power supply is on?

labayou

3. CKOLOGO

CKOLOGO Thread Starter

YES I CAN HEAR THE HD SPINING AND THE MONITOR IS A PRINCETON EO50 AND IT SAYS "PLEASE CHECK THE SIGNAL CABLE" WHAT I DON'T SEE IS THE FLOPY WORKING

4. labayou

labayou

Ok, did you have to reconnect this monitor? I am wondering if the "plug" is upside down. I have seen someone else do this before and same result; black monitor but the light was on.

How about yours? Maybe the cord is screwed on upside down?
    labayou

5. CKOLOGO

CKOLOGO Thread Starter

I DID CHECK THE CABLE AND IS GOOD

6. labayou

labayou

Is the monitor on? Is there anything beside a black screen like when it's unplugged? Or does it crackle and come on but no change in the screen?

Is there a screen giving the Award bios info?

Is the spinup of the harddrive the only thing that happens when the power is switched on?

Gotta' know about the monitor first, I guess.
    labayou

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice