Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not working icons

651 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jujume66 
#1 ·
A couple of days ago my desktop shortcuts, one by one, stopped working. I started out with one or two not working and by the end of the day, none of them were working. That's when I noticed that all of the shortcuts are now on my google homepage!!! What is going on? I know it seems like a small thing, but it is driving me nuts!! When I go to properties the target bar reads =Default -- app-id=aiigfjkooifdagiajeobnfcagiapheja and start in bar reads "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application" Does this seem right? Please advise me.
Judi

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
What actually are you referring to that you call your 'google homepage'. Is that within a browser window like the Google Chrome browser's window? I can't see how your desktop icons would have moved online from your desktop to some internet server across state.

You said 'when I go to properties' which icon's properties are you referring to?

What are the shortcuts pointing to - MS Word documents ? Google Doc documents? MS Excel Spreadsheets ? A program ? What is supposed to happen when you double click on those shortcuts?

How did you create those shortcuts ?

#3 · (Edited)
What actually are you referring to that you call your 'google homepage'. Is that within a browser window like the Google Chrome browser's window? I can't see how your desktop icons would have moved online from your desktop to some internet server across state.

You said 'when I go to properties' which icon's properties are you referring to?

What are the shortcuts pointing to - MS Word documents ? Google Doc documents? MS Excel Spreadsheets ? A program ? What is supposed to happen when you double click on those shortcuts?

How did you create those shortcuts ?
I had answered your questions, but then because I am like a dog with a bone, I had to figure out how to fix this problem. This is an edited version of my response.
I noticed an Apps icon on my bookmarks bar and clicked it. In it was every shortcut icon I have ever had, even ones I haven't used in years. They were in black and white, but as soon as I clicked on them and then created a new shortcut for each icon, they returned to color and are now working. Whew!!! Thank you for responding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.