1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook Acer Aspire E 15 is the same as Aspire E5-573?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Biffons, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

I have a new Notebook Acer Aspire E 15. When I wanted to download its manual from the Acer website (http://www.acer.com/ac/de/DE/content/drivers) there was no such Notebook listed, respectively I could not found one. I filled in the series number of my Notebook and the name, make shown was Aspire E5-573.

What does that mean? What is the sense of it using completely different names for the same Notebook?

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

They often use name that reflect what software was pre-installed.
    And different locations.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what country are you in?

on the PC do this
    * Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
    OR if windows 10 - right click on the windows logo - bottom left - command prompt (admin)
    * Type, wmic computersystem get model
    * Press Enter

4. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Sorry, I am not quite sure to understand.

I am in Germany.

Thank you for the instructions.

On the back of the Notebook I found Aspire E5-573. But on the package, in the brochure it is named Acer Aspire E 15. Why is that?

5. DaveBurnett

As an example, say I made a computer WXYZ
    I may make it for several markets and with different software versions installed.

WXYZxpen and WXYZ7ge would be the same hardware but the first would have been pre-installed English XP and the second German Windows 7

6. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Hmmm, well, yes, I could understand that, but different names within Germany? In the shops here this Notebook is called Acer Aspire E 15, on the package is printed Acer Aspire E 15, in the brochures also and suddenly the same Notebook on its back is labeled Aspire E5-573. It is the first time I noticed something like that. In Germany (as it will be in other countries also) this Notebook is supplied with different hardware (different hdds and such), software with the same name Acer Aspire E 15. Very confusing.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Many products have a real model number that specifically identifies that exact model and then have a simplier advertising model number. People prefer to buy an HP Envy 15 as opposed to the HP DV7-1672us.

8. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Alright, so that's just the way it is, that is it.

Many thanks.

9. DaveBurnett

Marketing never really has any logic behind it. It is ALL about appearance and impressions.

10. Biffons

Biffons Thread Starter

Yes, yes, and may be a bit confusing me.

Many thanks again.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1165447

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice