1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook Memory Installation Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by golferguy, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. golferguy

golferguy Thread Starter

Hey everyone! My paw says you guys sure know your stuff:D !!! I've got a Gateway MX8711 laptop with an FSB of 533mhz. I would like to upgrade the memory. Already has 1GB in two slots (2X512). I want to purchase a 1GB for one slot and holdover a 512mb already installed. Totalling 1.5GB.
    The best I can make out, is that the memory already installed is DDR2 at 533MHz PC2-4200, 200p SODIMM. A local big box store has 1GB DDR II PC2-5300 (appears to be 667mhz) for $45.

I've got 2 question areas:confused: . First:

1. Can/Should I use the PC2-5300 in the laptop?
    2. If so, can I/should I mix it with the PC2-4200?

I don't want to screw the computer up.

Second:
    Can I install the modules myself of go pro?

Any help is really appreciated!!

Golferguy's Kid(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615988

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice