1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook monitor blacking out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bennyd, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bennyd

bennyd Thread Starter

When I turn on my notebook (Inspirion 8600) I see the windows start up screen, however after just a few moments the screen blacks out and does not come on again. If I boot in safe mode, the screen will stay on a little bit longer, but eventually will black out.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you.

Benjamin

2. thrashj

thrashj

Have you made any changes in the bios? You might want to boot up and go to the bios and look at the video settings. I also worked on some imb t20 laptops that would go black screen in the boot up process because it was running a chkdsk. Just a thought hope all works out for you.

3. bennyd

bennyd Thread Starter

I think it is something physically wrong with the screen. For the few moments that I can see the windows startup screen, the colors are all wrong, seems to be something wrong with the light source or something...

Thanks again for your help,

Ben

4. thrashj

thrashj

Hardware issues really don’t surprise me I have opened many IBM laptops fresh out of the box and have a bad display, hard drive and other problems. I don’t know how new yours is, if you feel comfortable enough open it up and make sure the monitor cable has not worked its self loose. Just another idea to try I have had to do that as well.

5. bennyd

bennyd Thread Starter

Ya, I opened it up and the wires were all connected... I think I may have to replace the panal display... thanks again

Ben

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice