1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook OC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wajed, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wajed

wajed Thread Starter

Please bear with me as this will be a bit long. I have a question about overclocking, a question about putting a new CPU, and a question related to the two previous ones.

I have a Dell Vostro 1510 notebook with the following specs:-
    -CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz "FSB 800Mhz" 6MB L2 Cache 45W
    -IGP: Intel X3100 (@500Mhz)
    -4GB DDR2 677Mhz

I want to OC the notebook. My temps right now are 49C, I think these are good.
    I can decrease temps further by up to 10C by using thermal paste.
    I can implement some cooling mods, specially that I don't use my laptop very much as a portable device. I will even use it as a file/computing server soon, so I will be able to implement even better cooling.

So, yeah, my notebook has the capacity for some overclocking, can you help me do it? I have some questions:-
    A) Will modding the bios definitely lead to ability to OC?
    B) Will FSB modding (or Volt modding) etc... (by insulation a pin, or connecting two pins) succeed in my notebook?
    C) setFSB and all these don't work for my notebook, so no need to suggest them, my PLL probably will never be supported.

Also, I may buy a better CPU, what will happen if I put a CPU with 1066 FSB?

Also, will a CPU with unlocked multiplier (yet without OC support at BIOS) help in OCing?

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice