1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook qestion?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ipatriot, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

Hi, guys not sure if im posting my qestion in the right place... but it is kind of hardware related.

Can someone explain what this means 1GigaPro 533MHZ what escatly is the speed of the prossor.

I have brought this notebook. ......The link :http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51275

I thought it was quite cheap?! Although i know its doesnt have a floppy.

Thanks Guys .....ipatriot

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I would assume it runs at 1Ghz on a 533MHz Front Side Bus.

Its cheap because of the system specs.

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Its cheap because the processor is not an Intel or AMD built processor. It runs at 533 but how its actual performance is when it is compared to an intel Processor is not known. Its built by Transmeta.

4. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

Ah i see guys, that clears things up....but its not that bad for the price ...me being a student and all!.

cheers ipatriot

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

6. TheDJK

TheDJK

Lurker,
    I don't think that misprint is in the ad. Check out the product description from the system maker ECS . They certainly seem to think that they've loaded a Transmeta 1 GigaPro CPU in these systems. :D

7. rmay635703

rmay635703

Bah 1gigapro is the name of the motherboard and they use it to confuse people

PCChips and ECS throw around 1gigapro for all their non-amd/intel cpus whether they are 1ghz or less.

Ignore the one gigapro and remember the thing is like a celeron 700 at best.

Cheers

8. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

oh great ...yes im getting very cunfused with it all. thats why i asked u lot to see if u could make sence off it.
    Thanks ipatriot

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice