1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebook to TV

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by azncompman, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. azncompman

azncompman Thread Starter

Running a s-video out (one end s-video, other end yellow video) to a vcr. Distorted screen. Guessing the refresh rate is wrong. Not sure how to change refresh rate on a notebook or to change it to how many hz.

2. A Hawk

A Hawk

You'd have to check the refresh rate of your TV and VCR and make the puter the same.:) Go into the control panel>display>settings>advanced, and you should be able to make adjustments there.;)

3. azncompman

on a notebook? Looked there, couldn't change the refresh rate. (ATI Mobility rage)

4. doggard

doggard

Look in the display properties/advanced there should be a page just for the TV out settings.You will probably have to set to 640x480 [unless you have hi definition tv]and play aroung with the other controls to get a somewhat resonable output as TV screen give very poor graphics output .

5. azncompman

the surprising thing is no, there is no page. the ati pages only have color, default moniter (panel or plug in COMPUTER moniter) and the about page.

6. doggard

doggard

Then I suggest you update the driver asit may only have the default windows driver installed hence the missing page.

7. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You might have to consider a VGA ->NTSC converter if you can't change the display rate. Some laptops don't allow resolution changes...

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    With my laptop I never had success conencting it to my VCR, however staight to the TV works just fine.

But it does sound as if you only have the basic Windows supplied driver which doesn't have as many features. You should go to either the laptop manufacturer's website (recommended) or to ATI's website to see if you can download the full featured driver.

9. azncompman

yah, i'll try that. But i have to connect to a vcr cuz i'm recording a powerpoint to tape. (no projector or computer connection)

10. azncompman

no driver updates for notebook pc:( (presario 1700xl)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/211095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice