Notebook won't turn on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GermanMike

I have an HP Pavillion dv6000 notebook for about 1 1/2 years now and it was working until this morning. I've checked the battery, it's 100% charged and works fine on another Pavillion notebook. The AC adapter seems to be alright because when it is plugged in, the blue lights are On. When pushing the power button the lights blink for a few seconds and its off again. I hear the fan, it seems to try to load but doesn't make it past 10 seconds. A blank screen of couse! We have tried it with or without the battery and reseated the RAM to see if it would fix it. No success, does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? My first thought is the power supply.

Lately I have been seeing these with bad motherboards... a lot of them unfortunately.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online