1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Notebooks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Seth13, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Seth13

Seth13 Thread Starter

Have you guys heard of a company called KillerNotebooks? I was just looking at they're site, and they're have incredible deals. I was just wondering if you guys know anything about they're credibility or quality? If you care to check it out, its www.killernotebooks.com (y)

2. Sponsor

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Looking at the website, the mission statement, and the names of their system I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of teens building white box laptops from their basement - if they are even for real.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

They don't give a physical address or a phone number. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

5. loony_taz00

loony_taz00

ya looks a little fake.. but anyone else?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

How many opinions are you looking for? Are you waiting for someone to tell you to buy from this place?

7. KillerNotebooks

KillerNotebooks

Yea, thanks for the love guys. If we can step past assumptions for a second, I think everyone could benefit. I found this forum after going through web logs of where my traffic was coming from. I'd like to comment of some of what was presented here.

1. We have a contact page where we can be contacted direct. BUT, I do agree, an email address is nice to have, so there is a page being built and it will be there shortly. The problem with flat out posting an email address on a web page or in a forum is that bots will pick it up and you will have 5 times as much spam as customer email.

2. When you receive an email from anyone at K|N there is a phone number of that person on the email. If you ever ran your own internet company, you would find out why there isn't one on the page. Because when there is, suddenly NO ONE CAN FIND ANYTHING FOR THEMSELVES and it is all just "Oh, I will call these guys to find out about what is just right there in the MENU and 1 click away". 75 emails a day is enough.

3. But Alienware buddy, now that's a whole lot different. They're real because they charge an arm and a leg, and instead of a Samurai theme they have an Alien theme. I don't know where he got this, but it is completely wrong. How can you read a mission statement of: Best investment for our Customers, Value, Reliability, Fairness, Service and Support explained and come up with his reply? Killer Notebooks is for the select few, so I don't expect everyone to get it, but we are definitely for real.

4. Tom's hardware Mobility GURU is reviewing out Executioner system as well as our Zatoichi system and we are writing a 64 bit Vista O.S. dual boot article that will be featured there at the end of Sept.

5. I personally post a lot on Tom's Hardware forums, and you can always find me there to answer questions. Here is a topic about Vista we were running in July Here is another one where people that bought the Executioner were writing about their customer experiences.

We offer cutting edge system first (we have been selling the Core 2 Duo since the end of June), offer extensive "only available at K|N" customization options, complex disk array's on select systems, fair prices on upgrades and the best customer service in the industry. If you have any questions for us, feel free to email us. ;)

[​IMG]

8. Seth13

Seth13 Thread Starter

Well I guess theres my answer...

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Alienware is owned by Dell. I don't think you're in quite the same league as they are. I think small business owners should certainly be encouraged. However, the consumer still should be cautious, and I would hope the owners of Killer Notebooks would also encourage that.

10. KillerNotebooks

KillerNotebooks

No, thankfully we are not.
    • We don't overcharge - with the enormous economies of scale and buying power of DELL behind them, why are they so expensive?
    • We don't cut "back-room deals with nVidia and Transcend to get products first and effectively block them from the rest of the marketplace.
    • When you order from us, we don't assign you a number that corelates to how much profit we made on the system to determine where you are placed, or if you are going to be permanently #25 in the que when you call.
    • We don't track how many tech support issues you have and determine if we are going to take your call or not.
    • We don't provide horrible outsourced support from someone who had a "crash course" for a week on how to troubleshoot a PC.
    We don't STEAL other people's hard work, as our Assassin SLi system was out for 3 months prior to the Alienware model and the name was shamelessly poached by Alienware when they released their system.

We know that we are a small company, and they may not have even known the sytem existed (?) but when we contacted them about it, they simply changed the name of their system to the, "Elite Assassin" What on their site even remotely relates to that naming convention? As you mentioned above, that is the theme of our site, but what do assassin's have to do with little green guys trying to abduct a ninja, and getting cut in half for their trouble? Nothing.

Anyway, a quick perusal of the internet will get you tons of customer service, ridiculously long delays in system build times and warranty work complaints with Alienware's fingerprints all over them.

No, we're definitely not in the same league as DELL.
    Caveat Emptor... you are correct. I appreciate your open mindedness and reversal of opinion about K|N. (y) We strive to live up to the highest standards.

[​IMG]

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/497795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice