1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nothing can connect to the internet except for firefox

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lctrack, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lctrack

lctrack Thread Starter

Hey first post on this forum, and i didn't know where to put this hah.

Anyways, my computer (Windows Vista) can now only connect to the internet via firefox.. no other application can. For example, I tried re-downloading the World of Warcraft client, and it said I was not connected to the internet when I obviously was. IE and Google Chrome cannot connect either.

Also, my computer got some sort of virus/spyware a few months ago, and I just didn't turn it on until about two weeks ago, and it suddenly didn't seem to be affected anymore. Could this have anything to do with it?

Help a noob out? :D

2. MarkHaigh

MarkHaigh

3. alexcarlson

alexcarlson

Hi,

Try with Flock browser.Hope it will work.

Thanks

4. lctrack

lctrack Thread Starter

Just reinstalled newest edition of McAfee and scanned my whole computer, wound up deleting a trojan.

Also opened the right ports for the Blizzard downloader, and still can't get any connection.

=[[

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915149

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice