Nothing happens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ladymemi

Hi,
My kids have this Mathathon CD from school that they have to do for St. Jude Reserch hospital called Puzzle Island and the requirements for it is pentium II, 64 ram and 16 MB agp video card. OK, I have windows 98se, Pentium III, 128 ram, I don't know about video card, I know I do have ati 128 rage. I also have vodoo 2 if that helps. Anyway, the problem is it loaded fine but when I try to start it a window for the game will pop up but it will just stay white and freeze up. Then I have to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete and end task. What are some Ideas that I can do to fix the problem. They only have 7 days to do the disk. Oh, I also just got through updating my ati. So I hope you can help me.

Thanks,
:confused:

ladymemi

I have tried all that and nothing happens, it still just freeze's up and I have to end task in order to get it off. So, does anything else come to mind?:D

Are you having problems with any other games?

Right click the desktop My Computer icon, then properties, Device Manager, look for exclamation marks.

You could try editing your start menu, perhaps another program is causing the problem.

You can check out what to uncheck here;

http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/Running_items.htm

I would try to get it down to the bare minium.

ladymemi

Hi Ratchet,
I did that and closed everything except systray and explorer and nothing still. I got a message on the video part when I was digging through the files and when I clicked on a video icon it told me that I was missing MMSystem281. So, I'm thinking I need to update my windows media player. hopefully that will take care of the problem. Yes other games are playing fine. :p

Thank you for getting back with me I really love your site and tell it to eveyone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online