1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nothing installs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jimmyz949, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimmyz949

jimmyz949 Thread Starter

The specs on my computer are:
    1.7 celeron
    nvidia Geforce 4 128mb
    512mb ram
    c: western digital 60 gig
    d: maxtor 60 gig
    e: sony cd burner 48x24x48x
    f: liteon forgot the speed i don't think it matters though
    Audigy sound card
    currently running 2000

I have been trying to install games and it keeps giving me this error

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Archives\bf1942\levels\Battlaxe.rfa doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted."

on some other games i get the error that goes something like

"There is insufficient memory for file swapping or the medium on which you are running is corrupt." It's a brand new cd though.

This is the third different cd-rom drive i have tried so I don't think it's the cd's lens, I've also run a check disk on the hard drive so i don't think my drives corrupt, the cd's i'm using are brand new and i've tried several different games so i don't think it's the cd's either. I've changed my virtual memory to 3 gigs so it doesn't have insufficient memory I've also replaced the cd-rom cables and have tried it with only one cd-rom connected. I have also run a thorough scan disk and virus check. I can't figure out what it could possibly be some please help!

Jimmy

2. terryxp

terryxp

Did you by any chance get this game from a file sharing portal?
    Meaning its not something you bought from the source.

3. vesselle

vesselle

have you tried copying everything off the disk onto your pc and running the setup from there?

have you disconnected your drives and let them get re-detected by windows?

have you thot of re-installing windows?

gah!! i hate problems with games. :(

V***V

4. Emtronics

Emtronics

Empty your TEMP folder. Do a search for your Temp folder if you can't find it. (a little tricky to find in XP) Once you found the Temp folder (not Temporary Internet folder) delete everything in it. Then try to load your games.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice