1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nothing lights on the black screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dragster1981, Oct 19, 2018.

1. dragster1981

dragster1981 Thread Starter

I have a compaq presario R3000 and now I cannot even try to reboot with its install cd because nothing lights on the screen so I cannot even press F8 to to go to the BIOS reinstallation setup beginning.

Last two times that something lighted on, it got to the initial windows screen and froze and the last time I think it just went to the the begining warnings of pressing F2 or F12. Then I took the battery out and while I was having the laptop running in AC I tried to take the battery out when almost on its place and put it back on. Norhing lights on the screen since then.

When I press the power switch the power swith remains lighted on and so do two lights on the front side of the laptop, but , as I said, nothing on the screen lights on.

I would like to know if there is still something that I can try for reistalling the operating system fron its install cd, and I surely appreciate any advice or comment about this aforementioned situation.

2. dragster1981

dragster1981 Thread Starter

I am not giving an answer. I am the dragster 1981 member who posted the question on the preceding post of this thread, So, please read the preceding post and see if you can give me an answer to my following question:

How can i know if the screen is faulty and it does not light? Or if the motherboard does not work, is replacing it with a good one the only way to know?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You can try connecting an external Monitor to the laptop and see if you get a display on that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice