1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nothing on monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by justagirl, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. justagirl

justagirl Thread Starter

my computers power supply blew so i got a new one i wasnt sure where plugs went so i opened my friends computer to have a look all i did was was unplug everything from the back of the computer carried it to the table opened the case to look at where things where pluged in, put the case back on and plugged everything back in, I have checked everythings in the right spot , power is working the computer is working but there is nothing on the monitor, what could be wrong ?

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

Generally speaking I never put the case back together untill all is fine.Just a superstition of mine.......eheheh

Is the HDD Spinning up???
    Is the PSU of a type that it is putting enough power into your machine
    Double check all connections,then check again
    Check all Hardware Connections,Unseat and Reseat Mem Modules,GFX Card,Monitor.ect....
    Did you put the Other 4 Pin Power Connecter on your MB (Assuming)
    Take all unessaccary Cards out and Boot with the Bare Minimum

3. justagirl

justagirl Thread Starter

um there was nothing wrong with this computer it was working fine, i didnt touch anything inside just looked, then put the cover on plugged it al back in and nothing works now, the HDD isnt doing anything nothing is doing anything except the fan and power lights coming on.

4. justagirl

justagirl Thread Starter

The computer that the power supply blew up on is fixed and working ok now. This is the other computer that i took th cover of to have a look where things went because i wasnt sure where to plug the power supply back in on the one that blew up. I didnt unhook anything or touch anything in this one. It just decided it didnt like being undressed and unplugged i suppose lol, gawd

5. photolady

photolady

Some computers have a warning for Open case. If this is happening on your friends computer, that could be the reason it's not powering up. You said he's getting POST but an error, what's the error message say?

6. justagirl

justagirl Thread Starter

no there is no error message at all its not doing anything except fan and lights , wont boot up at all.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You could have shorted something, or perhaps a ram chip or the video card was bumped loose. I'd recheck every connection inside.

8. justagirl

justagirl Thread Starter

yes i did that checked everything and its all tight and nothing is loose at all. I took the battery out last night to reset the cmos, didnt help at all. I am completly stumped.thanks everyone for your help looks like i have to take it to the shop.

9. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Keep us posted. If you walked across carpet, you may have zapped something with static electricity.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491024

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice