1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nothing Opens When I Click On It

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tydel2001, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tydel2001

Tydel2001 Thread Starter

When I turn my computer on, it loads fine.
    But when I'm at my desktop and try to run application - double click, right-click, Start - Run - I've tried every way - nothing opens.

2. happyrck

happyrck

will the apps run if you launch them thru start all programs and then click on them or how about going to C: ..then programs folder ..open the folder of a app you want to run then click on the name of the app with a extension .exe and click on that

3. bonk

bonk Banned

4. Tydel2001

Tydel2001 Thread Starter

Well one problem is that since I can't run anything - I can't get online to download any of these fixes.

5. bonk

bonk Banned

Can you press Ctrl + Alt + Del and get the Task Manager up if so click on New Task type explorer.exe click OK.

Is your mouse working OK?

6. Tydel2001

Tydel2001 Thread Starter

The mouse works fine. I've tried going into Task Manager and also Command Prompt - but it doesn't respond to anything I try to run.

7. bonk

bonk Banned

How are you answering the posts

8. KrasieJay

KrasieJay

Hi guys, I'm brand new to the forum, thanks to this problem.

I am having the same problem (I am typing from a friend's computer). This just occured a few days ago.

When I start up the laptop (Dell Latitude) and it goes to the login screen, I can move the pointer around, but I cannot click on anything. In order to log on, I use the TAB to move from field to field. At this point, the ENTER key works in order to log on.

After Windows is loaded, it appears to recognize that the mouse pointer is over buttons (the buttons highlight or standout), but clicking does nothing. I can manuever by using the keyboard, such as opening the START menu and highlight programs, but once there, pressing ENTER does nothing.

I assume that I can get to the BIOS on startup, but this is about all I can do.

Any advice would be very much appriciated, thanks.

9. KrasieJay

KrasieJay

I forgot to mention that the only way I can turn my laptop off is to press and hold the power button. Alt + F4 does nothing, neither does Crtl+alt+Del

10. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy KrasieJay

I would be better if you started your own thread as you would get more notice..

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!