Notification sound stopped working for text messages

Haldur

Actually, what I FIRST noticed was that my phone stopped ringing. It vibrated, but no sound would come. I reinstalled my custom ringtone and that started working again (I'm not 100% convinced that it works all the time though, because I have missed some calls, but then again, my hearing isn't great).

The same thing started happening with my text message notifications. I thought that reinstalling the notification sound might work, but it didn't. The phone vibrates a bit for notifications, but there is no sound. And yes, the phone is set for sound, not vibrate.

The fact that both sounds stopped working at around the same time (well, I think so).

FYI, I can test the notification sound and it it's good. It just doesn't seem to play when I actually get a text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online