Notifications

dukevyner

I understand that there are notifications in place that i presume go to my email... but i hardly check my email.. i think that adding a notifications button in the top right where the user info is.. would be a great addition (as well as the email) ... seeing as i just go around checking the post i have posted on for updates instead of my email

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
You're right. A better notification system would be great. I am actually already looking into some possibilities, but unfortunately it isn't something that will happen immediately.

dukevyner

well of course... changing the structure and adding a feature like that would take sometime.. As a web designer, I understand that quite well.. I appreciate you taking the time to read and answer my post... I will be anxiously waiting for the addition to this great site...

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
TSG is built on an aging platform (vB 3.8). I hope that within the next few months, we'll be making the moving to something different. Unfortunately, I haven't decided exactly what that is yet. No matter what we do, even if it's simply to go to vB4, I will have to rewrite a lot of the custom programs and modifications that make TSG what it is. So, if I'm going to rewrite it all, I have too many options. :)

No matter which way we go, a better notification system is definitely on the board, either to implement during the upgrade or soon after. I'm always open to more suggestions and now might be a good time for them! (y)

TSG is built on an aging platform (vB 3.8). I hope that within the next few months, we'll be making the moving to something different. Unfortunately, I haven't decided exactly what that is yet. No matter what we do, even if it's simply to go to vB4, I will have to rewrite a lot of the custom programs and modifications that make TSG what it is. So, if I'm going to rewrite it all, I have too many options. :)

No matter which way we go, a better notification system is definitely on the board, either to implement during the upgrade or soon after. I'm always open to more suggestions and now might be a good time for them! (y)
TechGuy:

Thank U for Saluting our veterans today w/ the Flag. I just had a conversation w/ a young woman whose brother has served two terms in Iraq and after the holidays will be heading to Afghanistan. Her other brother served and is now out of service suffering from PTSS. Each and everyone of our military should be remembered not only today, but every day.
Regards,
Coastal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online