Notpad Error at start up on Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

65jona

I have recently removed some programmes I dont use to free up some space and I now get the following error twice on start up.

[.ShellClassInfo]
[email protected]%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

Can anyone tell me how to put this right. I have been on Microsofts websire but for some reason it doesnt recognise my product key. I have also had my memory upgraded recently from 2GB to 3GB but it has only started showing the error since I did the programme removal

daz1

Banned
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...n-notepad-on-boot-up-in-windows-7-build-7057/

is 7 but same work around for vista

also could try

control panel folder options view scroll to show hidden files and show system files apply then go to desktop look for a nearly transparent file called desktop.ini delete it re boot, go to start all programmes start up check to see if its empty as it should be, all else fails start type msconfig enter go to start up disable eveything except anti virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts