1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Novell

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Dynasty038, Nov 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dynasty038

Dynasty038 Thread Starter

sorry i dont no if this is posted in the right place but sorry...

Hi Novell Client is running (if any have seen this before its pretty much a box in the center of the screen with a list a programs to choose from) on my computer preventing me from only using certain programs,cant download anything,blocked websites and alot more :( . Does anyone know an easy way to get around novvell so i can have a desktop with icons and can add programs. If so please reply this as soon as possible im in great need.

Dynasty038

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Is this your computer or your work or schools computer.

There is a reason we set things up like that with Novell networks. It is because we don't want you doing things you are not suppose to be doing on your school or employers network.

Removing what is on your computer is not going to help with blocked websites. They are being blocked by your networks proxy server.

3. Dynasty038

my computer

4. Dynasty038

does that matter however?

5. Squashman

If it is your computer, how did the Zenworks agent and Netware client get on the comptuer. Neither of these should be blocking your Internet access. This is usually done with a proxy server. On a Novell network, that would be done with Bordermanager.

6. Dynasty038

yep thats wut it is novell boreder manager is on it

7. Squashman

Novell Bordermanager would not be running on your computer. It would run on your companies network. All access to the internet goes thru it.

This doesn't seem to be a computer you are suppose to be messing around with. Those things are in place for a reason. If you have problems with it, talk with your Network Administrator where you work or go to school.

8. Dynasty038

but, why cant you tell me what to do?

9. Squashman

It is against forum rules to tell you how to circumvent your company's or school's network policies.

10. Dynasty038

but its not agianst those to things

11. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

It appears this is on your work Network. We won't help you with that. Do not persue this unless you can assure us that is not the case.

If you ask again without explaining, you will get a temp ban.

12. Squashman

Tell me how the ZenAgent and Netware client got on your computer if this is not a school or work computer?

And you also stated that yes indeed your network uses BorderManager. The only people who would be using that is a corporate network or school system. If you can prove to me that this is not the case then I will help you remove the ZenWorks Agent and Netware Client.

13. Dynasty038

ok well i ahve a winter house and its a community, with a wireless rouder in every like condo, and they sold labtops if we needed 1,which i did, but they did put novell on it cuz there retarts, but i payed for it and i can do wut eva i want to it cuz its mine, all the otha people have the border manager gone but they are makeing me pay them (which isnt funny) so preety much the people there who set up the network installed novell and everything for no aparent reason

14. Squashman

If it is your computer, what is stopping you from going into Add/Remove programs and uninstalling the ZenWorks Agent and the Novell Client.

Just curious. Is english not your first language?

15. Dynasty038

it wont let me get to controll pannel

and soory i no my english is bad when i type

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/418177

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice