1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Novice to interpeting quarintined items

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Michael S., Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael S.

Michael S. Thread Starter

Hi-ya--

I'm using Ad Aware 6.0. On three occasions I have run the program after working on the net and have culminated a total of 168 items in quarantine ( in separate files -- where's the time to figure out what to do when there is work to do & I can kid myself into thinking I can do something with it all "later." At the moment I see 11 items in the Quarantine list -- the latest. Not panicking yet!)

I'm just looking -- so far for some guidance on how to interpret the results, what to do with them, how to choose between what's objectionable, necessary or what-not. I read the help files, how to use their tools, but I feel a bit shy on how to discern between "should do," "shouldn't do,""could do, if certain."

I know that when the stove is hot, don't touch it. I feel like i keep trying the same part of a hot stove, wondering if it is "still hot." Of course, this make leery of any cold stoves -- I figure that I'm too much of a novice to know crap about hot or not!

Michael S.

2. $teve

$teve

Anything Adaware flags can be deleted......I dont keep anything in the quarantine list.
    Go here:http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    Spywareblaster and Spyware guard are two programs that will help keep the foistware away from your machine.
    As with Adaware/spybot,these need updaing regularly.

;)

3. Die Hard

Die Hard

Michael S. :)

$teve gave a good explanation, I just want to add this: The quarantine is just for safety reasons,when cleaning with those type of scanners they go deep into the system and edit. IF something should go wrong , you have a chance to return. But if the system works flawlessy after the scan , thereĀ“s no need to keep the quarantine and it coud be deleted.

Die Hard :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice