1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Now I know,

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Mumbodog, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

Why I came to this forum.

Dell community forums is doing what I consider a few minor upgrades to their site, it will be down for 5, yes count em, 5 DAYS!

They are not changing forum software, just a facelift of sorts.

This is insane.

2. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Good Lord.....TSG has never been down for five days just because of updates! :eek:

That's ridiculous, especially when it's a computer company's website forum! Doesn't give you a whole lot of confidence in them. :p

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog Thread Starter

Well all I can say is it is better than when they changed to a new forum software 2 years ago, I could not post for 5 months (constant forum software errors), you could post but it took sometimes over a dozen attempts before the server responded and made the post (no kidding) that is when I came here.

They had Lithium software that was great and similar to this forum software.

Also, two years ago they only carried 2 years of forum posts forward to the new software, everything else was lost, and on purpose.

They are Insane over there...

A little over a year after the atom bomb was dropped, Dell invited a dozen VIP members to Roundrock (10-6-2009) to discuss what could be done to get us back, I was one of them, unfortunately they are just now implementing some of our suggestions, I will know in 5 Days what they actually did, I am not hopeful.

Several of us at the meeting referred to TSG forums for an example of what we wanted, but they were having none of that, it looked to much like the old Lithium software they had.

They are Insane over there...did I say that already....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice