1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NProtect (not responding)

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cwilmot, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwilmot

cwilmot Thread Starter

Does anyone know what NProtect is affiliated with? I assume, from the name, that it is Norton related and it could well be because I have Norton SystemWorks 2001 installed. Anyway, frequently when I boot up my SysTray will come up with only 2 icons: Volume and Microsoft Messenger Service. Clicking on Ctrl-Alt-Del reveals the problem as: NProtect (not responding). After I eliminate it by clickng on "End Task", then the SysTray resumes building. How can I eliminate the problem short of uninstalling Norton?

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi cwilmot,
    Go to start, run, type msconfig, click on the start up tab. See if Nprotect is checked. If it is close then find your Norton antivirus. Look to see if you have "Start auto protect at startup" checked. Hit apply and ok. Reboot and see if that works. I also use Norton and I think Auto protect is a good idea!

3. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

I am very sorry. I have NProtect unchecked in startup So uncheck it. That is for Norton Utilities. You dont need it at startup

4. hewee

hewee

You can try right clicking the trash can and go to the properties and uncheck and recheck the Norton Protect.
    Look under the Norton Protection tab and for Enable uncheck and recheck and ok your way out each time.
    You can click the Remove Norton Protection button also. It tells you more info when you click on it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice