1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nsl.exe - Application Error nsl

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coolmar2001, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coolmar2001

coolmar2001 Thread Starter

Hi.
    In an IBM Thinkpad T30 WinXP SP1, I installed IBM DB2. Since then, every time I write my user&pw in the logon of Windows and press ENTER, this message appears:

"nsl.exe - Application Error"
    Error instruction at "0x0040125" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory culd not be written.
    Click Ok to terminate the program.

After I press enter in that window, I have to wait several seconds until the desktop loads with all its icons and I can continue to do my job normally without a problem. Anyone can help me get rid of that anoying message please.

2. Dan O

Dan O

nsl.exe is from NETSTAT Live, which can be disables. Run MSCONFIG and select the Startup tab and uncheck it. If you don't find it you will have to run REGEDIT and delete it, but make a System Restore point first just in case something goes wrong to be able to recover. Good luck.

3. coolmar2001

Hi, thks for your help.
    I couldnt find nsl or something related to Netstat on Msconfig (Startup), nor in regedit. What is the name of the folder I must look for? I looked in HKey_Local Machine\Software.
    Again, thks for your help.

4. Dan O

Dan O

Did you resolve your problem?

I have it installed so I cannot tell you the folder it would be in. But should be able to search the Windows Register and find it if it is running. If not, Run SYSEDIT and search the files it opens.

5. coolmar2001

Thks anyway!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!