1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NT 4 being attacked

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dtugg, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtugg

dtugg Thread Starter

Hello all,

I posted this message earlier on another forum, but I got no replies in the OS section. Someone is trying a dictionary attack on my machine, but I cannot find their IP addy to attempt to block them. The WinBlows event viewer is useless, and I cannot find any good software for logging ALL incoming connections. The server is on a public IP doing web, email, ftp, and several other apps. There is no firewall, but I wouldn't even know what ports to try and block anyway.

There has been hundreds and hundreds of attempts over the past few days... Any ideas?

dtugg

2. khazars

khazars

try this tool from grc.com, when it scans you, type in the address and do a trace. Sygate 5 pro will also do a trace of scannersand tell you who they are. The name of grc's programme is called idserve, it's a small application 26kb.

A good free firewall is kerio, which will allow you to set up a rules based firewall, i'll give you the link below on how to set up kerio as a rules based firewall, hope this helps!

www.kerio.com

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/surferslim/tpf.html

grc.com

3. dtugg

dtugg Thread Starter

I'll look into it now and post back in a few.

Thanks,

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice