1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NT Backup...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Skydawg, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skydawg

Skydawg Thread Starter

Hey all!

Okay, this is the situation. On a 2003 SBS server, with no other backup software (not my fav choice:p ), I can run NT BackUp no problem, manually. I tell it what to back up, it runs the shadow copy, then backs up the system. When I set a schedule, doing the same thing, it comes back in the report and tells me it can't fined the media or device. Yet...it just did...and did a full backup. I was told to reboot the machine to make it run, but I'm not rebooting the machine everyday to make backups happen (scripted or not), these should just run. I would love to tell them to get backup exec, but...if anyone knows the fix for this, give me a shout plz! :)

TIA! :)

2. Skydawg

Skydawg Thread Starter

Bah, looked it up, could be the solution is to append the run command of the schedule with /um. Will let you all know. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice