1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NT drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kenRich05, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenRich05

kenRich05 Thread Starter

Currently I have only 16 colors and 800x600 desktop area. NT is using the "Default Monitor" and I did not boot in VGA mode. My video card is AccelGraphics Venus DGX4 Rev 2.1A . I tried to find a driver and what I did find was for Win98. I tried that and it started asking for files - vbrun300.dll and I could find that, then it asked for threed.vbx - is this going to work even if I get all the required files? Is there a NT driver for this video card?

2. norton850

norton850

Might not be one. Did you ever have a NT driver for that card?

3. kenRich05

kenRich05 Thread Starter

No.

Trying to load an old operating system on an old PC. Forehead bloody from the effort, and I am not finished yet.

4. kenRich05

kenRich05 Thread Starter

Second driver need. I have a 3COM Etherlink XL 10/100 PC 1 TX NIC (3C905B-TX) network card. NT does not recognize it. I have run windiags.exe, 3c90x1.exe, and venus.exe. Either I don't know how to use them properly or NT will never recognize the card or I need another driver. Suggestions?

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

The 3c90x1.exe file should be an exectuable file that makes a floppy disk with the drivers on it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice