NT drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kenRich05

Currently I have only 16 colors and 800x600 desktop area. NT is using the "Default Monitor" and I did not boot in VGA mode. My video card is AccelGraphics Venus DGX4 Rev 2.1A . I tried to find a driver and what I did find was for Win98. I tried that and it started asking for files - vbrun300.dll and I could find that, then it asked for threed.vbx - is this going to work even if I get all the required files? Is there a NT driver for this video card?

kenRich05

No.

Trying to load an old operating system on an old PC. Forehead bloody from the effort, and I am not finished yet.

kenRich05

Second driver need. I have a 3COM Etherlink XL 10/100 PC 1 TX NIC (3C905B-TX) network card. NT does not recognize it. I have run windiags.exe, 3c90x1.exe, and venus.exe. Either I don't know how to use them properly or NT will never recognize the card or I need another driver. Suggestions?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
kenRich05 said:
Second driver need. I have a 3COM Etherlink XL 10/100 PC 1 TX NIC (3C905B-TX) network card. NT does not recognize it. I have run windiags.exe, 3c90x1.exe, and venus.exe. Either I don't know how to use them properly or NT will never recognize the card or I need another driver. Suggestions?
The 3c90x1.exe file should be an exectuable file that makes a floppy disk with the drivers on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online