NT netlogon errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DarrenW

This is a tough one...NT 4.0 network with w9* clients. Receiving error 1015...unable to update configuration from \\server\netlogon\config.pol the registry is corrupt... OR error 1016...an I\O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably.... I believe the config.pol file may be corrupt and has corrupted the registries of the clients. anyone know where to edit the registry on win9* machines? i DO NOT want to re-install windows on all the clients. any ideas at all would help, i've been trying to figure this one out for a week and it's getting worse. would overwriting the config.pol file on the NT box help? I'm pulling my hair out here.

Darren,
Delete the config.pol from the server, create a new one if desired, Save the file as Config.pol in the Netlogon folder of either the primary domain controller or the backup domain controller. The Netlogon folder is located in the following folder:

C:\Winnt\System32\Repl\Import\Scripts

Then try to log in again in some workstations and let's see if this will fix it.

I you don't want to delete, then rename it to config.old. login in one workstation and see what happend.

Good luck

T

DarrenW

thank you, but i've tried that. it seems that the client registries have become corrupt and a good copy of config.pol on the PDC doesn't do the trick. One strange thing is that it only affects clients on a second subnet within the same domain. seems my only hope is to edit the registries on the clients or reload the OS on them. anyone know where all the registry keys are in win 9* for netlogons?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online