1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NT2K server logon scripts/ user home folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PC Impulse, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC Impulse

PC Impulse Thread Starter

I have a small company running on a Windows NT 2000 Server. I know "a little" about using it --create users, map & share drives -- but not much more than that. I know there is a way that when any certain user & password logs onto the server, the server automatically assigns them a "home" drive in "my documents" due to a script that is ran. The script can be put into any users profile so that they all get a "user home drive" in "my computer" that no one else is able to get to. I need to know the process step by step to create this home / user / share directory. If any one could help me, I would try to make it worth their while (memory chips, hard drive, something of importance). I think I even have the script made, I just need to know where to create the user directory, which directory to put the script in, ect...
    Thank you very much for helping me!
    Don S.

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. aubry

aubry

i'm having the same sort of problem. try looking at the thread
    networking>scripts it may help you also!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66414

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice