1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nt4 + hpdeskjet = spooler problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ren, Dec 17, 2001.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ren

ren Guest Thread Starter

i have 2 pc's on my network one of them mine, that have random but continual problems with the printers attached to them.
    both machines are NT4 SP6a and i dont think by coincidence have HP deskjets attached to them one a 710 one a 840.
    the problem is simple mid printjob an error message regarding the spooler appears (next time it happens i will write down the exact message) all printers vanish from the printer settings and obviously printing is impossible until the pc restarted.
    it does not happen in one particular application.
    Am i being unfair on HP printers here .
    the drivers are up to date, cables are fine, not to many other pratical steps to take.
    has anyone seen anythign similar and help

2. Rikku

Rikku

Let's see if I got this straight.

When printing from (where? all applications? or just certain ones?) your computer gives an error and loses its print settings.

Are you printing directly to the printer, or to a printer share?

Each computer gives the same error or only one of the computers?

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Also, check the event viewer for error messages relating to the printer and spooler.

Are you using any third party fax software on those computers? Microsoft has confirmed that some can cause print spooler crashes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice