ntdetect.com failed! dell mini 10v. no cd slot, Using USB drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ryan295

I have a Dell Mini 10v that recently erred with the "ntdetect.com failed!" message, and I don't have any CD slots on the dell mini so I used "USB Multi Boot 10" with PetoUSB, and I got it to work on the dell mini. I got to the recovery screen and when I type in "D:\copy ntdetect.com C:\"(that's where my ntdetect.com file is located on my usb drive), So that I can copy it onto the C:\ Drive to resolve my error, it just says "The file could not be copied". Is there anyway to get ntdetect.com to copy onto the C:\ Drive?

Here are a couple of pictures of the error, and my Dell Mini10v with the flash drive in it.

Attachments

when you get to the D:\> prompt do a dir command, can you see the files on the flash drive?
It would be best if the ntdetect file was the only file on the drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online