1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ntdll.dll causing multiple games to crash

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ZenHeadshot, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZenHeadshot

ZenHeadshot Thread Starter

So, i have a very peculiar problem. I'm having game crashes due to ntdll.dll. As this was only happening to Fallout 4 at the time i went to their customer support and have been emailing back and forth to try and solve the issue, but recently ive discovered that its not just Fallout 4, Subnautica and Nier Automata also crash suddenly because of ntdll.dll with the same error code. It also crashes when I dont launch it through steam.

I am at a complete loss at this point on what to do. Earlier today i tried getting help from microsoft through live support and the guy decided to download ntdll.dll from dllme.com and proceeded to paste it in almost every directory in my steam folder as a fix...

Things i have tried:
    - Verifying game files
    - Completely uninstalled Nvidia drivers and reinstalled them - Disabled steam overlay
    - Ran both steam and the affected games as admin
    - Added steam and the games to my antivirus exception list - Attempted various ini changes (Fallout 4)
    - Disabled Geforce Expereince Optimization - Cleared my steam download cache
    - Uninstalled razer synapse (didnt solve my issue so i reinstalled)
    - Disabled all services that were not microsoft services besides the Steam Client service (didnt solve it so i re-enabled what was needed)
    - Re-installed DirectX
    - Re-installed Visual C++
    - Reinstalled .NET framework
    - Installed all available windows updates
    - Ran a virus scan with malwarebytes
    - Ran a mem-test (came back clean after 10 times)
    - Ran chkdsk on the drive with my OS on it (no issues found)
    - Ran SFC /scannow (again no issues found)
    - Reinstalled Fallout 4 (thinking it was just the games issue)
    - Reinstalled Steam
    - Reinstalled my graphics drivers 3 times (last time while in safe mode)
    - Disabled COMODO and Malwarebytes

PC Specs:
    - Windows 7 SP1
    - i7-4930k
    - GTX 1060 SSC 6gb
    - 16GB ram
    - 1TB HDD (OS and personal files C:)
    - 6TB HDD (main game storage B:)

The module and exception code from Event Viewer: - Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23807, time stamp: 0x5915fdce Exception code: 0xc0000005

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192369